We currently don’t have any weekend trips planned we will update this page when we have some more fun weekends planned. Stay tuned…
Camp Echo is excited to extend our Adventure Trips into the year! We are offering the chance to join us on a weekend trip to Warren Dunes State Park in Southern Michigan. This trip will utilize the Boy-Identifying Outdoor Leadership Development and Girl-Identifying Outdoor Leadership Development curriculum; creating opportunities to develop multi-cultural leadership skills in youth through empowering outdoor activities.
Our expeditions provide an opportunity for young people from different economic, ethnic, religious, and social backgrounds to build leadership, communication, and decision-making skills. We use wilderness as our classroom as participants:
- Learn how to persevere and practice resilience in the face of challenge.
- Learn to work with peers of different backgrounds in an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- Develop the multi-cultural leadership and communication skills needed to be successful in an increasingly globalized world.
- Develop emotional intelligence by practicing caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all their interactions with each group member.
- Find personal success, be allies to others, be of service to their community, and feel needed and respected amongst their peers
This excursion is a great opportunity to begin in our Adventure Trip program, plant the seeds of leadership development, and experience the natural landscape of the Michigan mitten along Lake Michigan’s shoreline.
Groups will leave McGaw YCMA at 5:30 PM. Campers will have dinner on the road. Arrive at Warren Dunes State Park and camp Friday Night.
During the day campers will hike to explore the Warren Dunes, participate in team building and group activities, and finish the day with a discussion about leadership development within a topic of their choice.
Groups will depart for the McGaw YMCA in the morning, planning to arrive at 2 PM.
Our groups will be led by at least 2 Echo Trip Guides. All Echo trip guides are at least 21 years old and certified lifeguards, CPR/AED trained, and Wilderness First Responders. This allows our guides to provide emergency care in a wilderness setting to ensure the safety of all our adventure trippers.
Cancellations/refund: Full refund minus $25 cancellation fee up until one week prior to program. Within one week, no refund.
Fee Assistance: If youth attended Camp Echo during Summer 2016, same level of assistance is provided. If not please provide most recent 1040 tax form to Camp Echo.