Celebrate at the Y
What better place for your child to celebrate a birthday than at the McGaw Y? We have birthday party fun down to an art, and our facility is a giant playground for kids eager to run, climb, swim and play (and eat cake, of course.) By the way, it doesn’t have to be a birthday party. If you’ve got anything to celebrate, we’ve got a party in store for you.
Download party price sheet for details:
Party Days and Times
Party times in the gym or youth lobby are flexible. Pool parties are usually scheduled between 8:00-9:00 PM on Fridays, and between 2:00-4:00 PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
|Preschool Gym Party||2 to 4 years||Staff leads playground games for 30 minutes, then we have free play on an indoor playground of tunnels, toys, and foam shapes.|
|Big Kid Gym Party||5 to 10 years||Staff leads games such as obstacle courses and relay races. Then the kids have free time with the gym equipment.|
|Sports Gym Party||5+ years||Your own personal birthday sports team. Staff lead drills and skills training, followed by an officiated scrimmage. Choose from basketball, football, volleyball, soccer, or floor hockey.|
|Swim Party||4+ years||For 50 minutes kids get the four-lane pool all to themselves!|
|Swim + Gym Party||4+ years||For 45 minutes kids are in the gym, then for 45 minutes they are in the pool. (We bet they’ll have no trouble sleeping.)|
Step 1) Email BirthdayParties@mcgawymca.org. In your message, please provide the following information:
- Child or Group Name
- Whether you are a McGaw YMCA member
- The age range of the children attending the party
- What type of party you are interested in
- The date you would like to schedule your party
- If you are not a member, please provide your mailing address
Step 2) We’ll contact you with information about availability within two business days.
Step 3) We will send you a rental agreement. Sign and return the agreement and pay the full balance within 10 days (or on the next day, if you’re booking less than two weeks before the party date).
Step 4) Come and celebrate with us!
For more information, e-mail BirthdayParties@mcgawymca.org.
- Inflatables are not available for rental for groups of 20 or more, or for groups of children under the age of six. The bug is available for ages 6-9; the submarine for ages 10-14.
- Any group that exceeds 25 will be charged an additional fee to cover the cost of an additional lifeguard (required for safety). The maximum number that may use the pool at any one time is 75.
- There will be a lifeguard at the pool. There may be additional lifeguards, depending on the size of the group. Each participant needs to take a swim test at the beginning of the party to swim in the deep end. The swim test includes: 25 yard freestyle swim, floating on back and stomach, and treading water. Flotation belts are available for non-swimmers or those needing assistance
- At least one adult must be present on the pool deck while children are swimming in the pool. Every five children under the age of seven must be accompanied by an adult in the water. For children ages five and younger, every three children must be accompanied by one adult in the water.
- At least one adult from each rental group must be present on the pool deck while children are swimming in the pool.
- For children under the age of 7 must be accompanied in the water. For children age five and younger, there must be one adult in the water for every three children.
- All event participants must use the Aquatic Family Locker Room.
- Children who are not potty trained must be dressed in tightly fitting rubber or plastic pants in order to enter the pool. Disposable swim diapers alone will not be permitted. For your convenience, approved rubber swim pants are available for purchase at the Front Desk.
- Groups may bring their own toys to use in the pool, but inflatable toys are not permitted. The YMCA has noodles available for your use.
- All personal belongings must be secured in a locker in the locker rooms. Please use a sturdy lock, and store any valuables in the security lockers opposite the Vendeteria. The McGaw YMCA is not responsible for belongings stored in lockers.
- Gym parties are limited to 30 participants (This does not include parents). With advance permission, an exception may be made for an additional cost.
- All participants must wear non-marking shoes.
- No food or drink is allowed in the gym.
- All personal belongings may be stored in the Sebring-Lewis Center lockers along the east side of the gym, or in your party room. Please use a sturdy lock. The McGaw YMCA is not responsible for belongings stored in lockers.
- Inflatables are not available for rental for groups of 30 or more, or for groups of children under the age of seven.
- At least one adult from each rental group must be present on gym floor to assist in supervision.
- When the room is ready a gym supervisor will escort your party to the gym. Please do not send kids to the gym unsupervised.