Campers registered for consecutive sessions at Camp Echo may choose to stay at camp for the time between sessions. Campers spend time at camp playing games, tubing, and relaxing in the Social Lodge. One day of each layover is also spent at the Michigan’s Adventure amusement park, 40 minutes from Camp Echo. Layover campers are supervised by Camp Echo staff throughout the layover, enjoying a relaxed weekend with only a fraction of the number of camper population. Layover will not be offered between sessions 3 and 4.
Friday, 11:00 AM: Camper buses depart for Evanston
Friday, 12:30 PM: Lunch
Friday, 1:30 PM: Saska
Friday, 2:30 PM: Games on the peninsula, swimming, tubing
Friday, 6:30 PM: Dinner
Friday, 7:30 PM: Hanging in the Social Lodge, games and a movie
Saturday, 10:00 AM: Breakfast
Saturday, 11:00 AM: Depart for Michigan’s Adventure
Saturday, 7:00 PM: Return from Michigan’s Adventure, enjoy pizza dinner
Saturday, 8:00 PM: Hanging in the Social Lodge, games and a movie
Sunday, 11:00 AM: Brunch (cold cereal available earlier if needed)
Sunday, 12:00 PM: Relax on peninsula, move into next session’s cabins
Sunday, 2:30 PM: Camper buses arrive from Evanston!!!
Laundry service is included in the layover price. Campers will give Echo staff their dirty laundry on the last morning of the session and receive their clean laundry the following day.
Some parents choose to visit their camper at camp during layovers, either for the entire layover or only a portion. We recommend selecting one of the following options for visiting your camper, so that they can most easily flow in and out of the layover activities being offered:
1) Entire layover: Pick up camper after 11:30 AM on last day of session and drop them off before 2:00 PM on the first day of next session.
2) Friday: Pick up camper after 11:30 AM and drop them off before 9:00 PM that day.
3) Friday-Saturday: Pick up camper Friday after 11:30 AM and drop them off on Saturday, either before 10:30 AM or after 8:00 PM.
4) Saturday: Pick up camper before 10:30 AM and drop them off after 8:00 PM.
5) Saturday-Sunday: Pick up camper Saturday before 10:30 AM and drop them off Sunday before 2:00 PM.
6) Sunday morning: Pickup camper Sunday morning and drop them off before 2:00 PM that day.
Please indicate your layover visit plans on the transport form on your CampInTouch account under ‘Forms & Documents’. If you have any questions, contact Anna Vogel.