Camp Echo is a department of the McGaw YMCA. When you become a Camp Echo staff member, you agree to work for the McGaw YMCA and thereby become part of a worldwide organization with a hundred and fifty year history. There are numerous benefits associated with Camp Echo employment.
Via staff training delivered in May and June; ongoing observation that provides coaching, encouragement, and necessary correction; and evaluations written by peers and supervisors at the end of the summer, Camp Echo seeks to instill:
- An understanding of the YMCA’s core values and mission.
- A considerable work ethic and pride in work well done.
- The ability to think and act with imagination and creativity.
- A knowledge of methods of ensuring the well-being of children.
- A high degree of self-confidence and a feeling of self-worth.
- The skills necessary to successfully live and work in a community.
- An appreciation of the diversity that people bring to camp.
- The ability to collaborate for a shared vision and celebrate success.
The skills above are all highly transferable to any future career path. Summers at Camp Echo not only lay the groundwork for personal growth and development during the college years, but also set the stage for gainful employment after graduation and professional accomplishments later in life.
Camp Echo summer staff are entitled to a free membership in the McGaw YMCA, within one year, for the same number of weeks they worked at camp. Arrangements for a fee adjustment can be made if the staff member is currently included in a family membership.
Camp Echo summer staff are almost exclusively paid on a weekly summer salary, which is determined based on age, experience, certifications and responsibilities. Click on the document below to view the Camp Echo pay scale in detail:
Watch the video below to help you do your Staff Paperwork after being hired!